AvioScout-FleetFleet-Management Add-On for AvioScout-Mission
using the Iridium®-satellite network
How it works
Using the integrated Iridium® modem the helicopters status information (position, status, route) is sent in regular intervals to a central server. Mission control stations can access this server from everywhere and see the status of all helicopters.
The communication is two way: The mission control stations can send new missions (text and a destination) to the helicopters.
The pilot just confirms the mission and automatically has the destination set as a waypoint and the new status is sent to the server. Mission control is thus automatically informed.
No need for error prone voice communication results in reduction of pilots workload and faster response time. Increases efficiency by reducing empty flights.
Using the Iridium® satellite network gives world wide coverage without any “holes” and still keeps things affordable: for example a status update every two minutes results in costs of 1.20US$ per flight hour.
All you need is
- AvioScout-Mission hardware and an Iridium antenna installed
- AvioScout-Fleet software module installed and activated
- A server somewhere at your base or at some server farm with the AvioScout-Fleet server software
- A PC/laptop with the ground control software.
- Full situational awareness for pilot and mission control center
- Shorter reaction time
- Error and workload reduction, safety gain
- Cost reduction, better vehicle utilization by avoiding empty flights